- 04/03/2013 - Stephen Quidd wins case in Third Circuit Court of Appeal. Court rules plaintiff cannot get ex parte order in juvenile proceeding to order reinstatement of juvenile's driver's license suspended pursuant to R.S. 32:661 et seq.
State in the Interest of C. C. M. JAC 12-1265
- 6/1/2012 - Brandee Ketchum won an appeal in the 1st Circuit Court of Appeal reversing the district court and upholding the suspension of the plaintiff's driver's license. The court held the plaintiff was lawfully stopped as part of a valid DWI checkpoint.
Valid DWI Checkpoint Rule
- 5/31/2012 - Jennifer Del Murray wins in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeal which held the petition to review the suspension of the plaintiff's driver's license was untimely.
- 12/29/2011 - Stephen Quidd assisted the Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council in the adoption of an emergency rule extending the expiration date of provisional certificates of registration for building code enforcement officers from January 1, 2012 to March 31, 2012. This will give the affected building code enforcement officers an additional ninety (90) days to comply with the Council's requirements for certificates of registration.
Provisional Certificates of Registration Emergency Rule
- 11/2/2011 - Jennifer Murray wins appeal in 2nd Circuit Court of Appeal in case involving the disqualification of a commercial driver's license (CDL). Trial court erred in reinstating the plaintiff's CDL privileges. CDL disqualification for refusing to submit to the chemical test for intoxication remains valid and enforceable even though the plaintiff was acquitted on the DWI criminal charge.
Austin Appellate Decision
- 09/26/2011 - Erin St. Pierre and Stephen Quidd win a motion for contempt filed on behalf of the Louisiana Manufactured Housing Commission (LMHC) in the 14th JDC against Pat Townzen, who violated an injunction previously issued by the 14th JDC, enjoining Mr. Townzen from installing manufactured homes without a license. The LMHC licenses and regulates manufactured home installers. Mr. Townzen was sentenced to serve 20 days in jail and pay a fine of $500.00.
Pat Townsend Judgement on Rule for Contempt
- 06/17/2011 - Stephen Quidd assisted the Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council in the adoption and promulgation of an emergency rule authorizing owners of commercial buildings such as hotels, motels, apartments, fraternity and sorority houses, and vacation timeshare properties to use wood structural panels for opening protection on buildings during the current hurricane season which started on June 1, 2011, and ends on November 30, 2011. Stephen Quidd is also assisting in the adoption and promulgation of a similar permanent rule which will be in place by the end of November 2011.
Wood Structural Panels Emergency Rule
- 06/08/2011 - DPS attorneys win case in 1st Circuit Court of Appeal; Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council may conduct its own administrative hearings.
Karen Dillard and Delvin Porter vs LA State Uniform Construction Code Council
- 05/04/2011 - Jennifer Murray wins appeal to Third Circuit Court of Appeal; OMV can suspend driver's license for chemical test refusal even if arresting officer subsequently gets blood sample as a result of a search warrant
Riggleman Appellate Decision